Friday, February 6, 2009

Can You hear if I whisper?


Can You hear if I whisper Jesus?
I don’t want my parents to know
What I tell you is just our secret
And nobody else must know.

You know that when I broke that window
And I said it wasn’t me?
I let my friend Josh take the blame.
And he didn’t tell on me.

Well, I still feel bad about it
And I know I must confess
I guess that You’re not happy and
My guilt is hard to suppress.

If I call Josh in the morning
Before we go to school
I can tell Mum and Dad at breakfast,
Then punishment. That’s cool!

So you only have to keep quiet
Till I’ve been to bed one time
Thank you for my best friend Josh
I hope the punishment fits the crime!


W.B. Feb 2009.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Hi Wyn, how do you come up with these stories/verses? Your grandchildren? Your own memories? Or just... inspiration?
Thanks for sharing, as always. have a great day!

wyn said...

Thanks Marja.
Just sheer imagination.
I never grew up, in case you hadn't noticed !!
Blessings,
Wyn