Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Little Sounds

I love to hear the little sounds
Like the creaking of the house
As if it’s saying ‘I’m holding up
And I’ll keep the bad things out.’

I love the wind, when as it blows
It whines among the wires
The trees will whisper through their leaves
Sometimes gossip, sometimes sighs.

When it rains and water softly drips
I wait for it to flow
And gurgle happily down the drains
As if it’s free to roam.

The birds will sing less loudly
When it begins to rain
They are too busy flying
Back to their home again.

Then there’s just a tiny chirp
As they shake water off their wings
And check out their little family
Fussing when the raindrops cling.

You need to be quite still and quiet
When little sounds draw near
As you’ll discover God’s own Peace
From everything you hear.

©2010 Wyn Barratt.

No comments: