Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Try To Imagine.


I float like a half submerged leaf on the lake
Or a tiny weak twig that’s had all it can take
No bird swooping by, just to carry me away
Am I useful for something or anyone today?

If I were a leaf, somewhat soggy, but tough.
I’d give a bug safe passage if the water got rough
If a twig, then a beaver may find I have use
To build up his dam, and I would not refuse.

Whatever God makes He can find use for it
To fit a small plan or continue with it
Until it is part of the great scheme of things
I‘ve discovered even a leaf can have wings.

So if you are sitting down by the lake
Don’t despise the weak twig that’s had all it can take
Try to imagine as it floats out of sight
With the help of a leaf God could make it a kite.

©2010 W. Barratt

5 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Well Wyn, you were useful for me today! What a wonderful poem, I love it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ponderings!

wyn said...

Thanks Marja,
I hope I have sorted out my comment blockage now. The settings are a bit amiguous.

It's the little things and small silences that help me to enjoy being alone but not be lonely.

HeathD_Pa65465 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

a beautiful well written poem - thank you Wyn, you made my day!!!

wyn said...

Thank you Jeff,
You made my day too by visiting and leaving such an encouraging message.