Saturday, September 19, 2009

Your Second Coming.



I lie in my bed and gaze up at the sky
I imagine I see Your dear Face.
I’m laying here waiting for Your second coming
How long do I have to wait?

You said to be ready, and so I am here
And watching for You from the skies
But I’m getting sleepy because I am tired
And I might just close my eyes.

So wake me dear Father if You should return
While I am fast asleep
Because in my heart I am ready and waiting
As Your commandments I’m trying to keep.

You are stroking my face with a soft little breeze
The clouds pass the moon, drifting by
When the sun wakes us up on this side of the world
The other half waves it goodbye.

So I lie on my bed and gaze up at You, Lord
I am ready, so come, get me now
I’m laying here waiting for Your second coming
I’m determined to see You, somehow.


©2009 Wyn Barratt.

No comments: