Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good Morning God




Good morning, God! No school today!
I’m quite excited now,
But are the angels grumpy?
The sky is dark with clouds.

I hope that things aren’t going wrong
Up there in heaven for You
I know that You’re not grumpy
That’s not a God thing to do.

But if the sky is angry, dark
There must be a good reason
It was so blue just yesterday
Is it just a change of season?

Well that is what my Mom says
When things start going weird
And she should know for when she’s mad
She’s someone to be feared.

It takes a lot to make her cross
It’s generally some disaster.
Like food on fire that stirs her ire
And has her running faster.

If I mess up she’s not like that
But calls me round the corner
So my sister doesn’t notice it
And eavesdrop till Mom warns her.

Well now I’ve told You everything
I hope Your day improves
Can You send a little patch of blue
While I learn some skateboard moves?

© 2009 Wyn Barratt.

1 comment:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Precious Wyn... I bet you they can use it in Holland, where it rains a lot!