Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Love Letter To My Master.




I’ll love You till the end of time and then for ever more
I cannot tell You what it means to know Your love’s secure
You’ve always loved me, always known, that I would come to be
And I have never known such love. You mean the world to me.

My God, You wait up there in Heaven and pour such blessings down
My precious Saviour, Jesus Christ regained His heavenly crown
You sent Your Holy Spirit down to comfort and to guide
And I will never be alone for He is at my side.

While I am waiting on this earth for You to call me home
Please give me now some work to do, for I am still Your own
I want to show my faithfulness and my adoring love
There is such sorrow in this world, such love in Heaven above.

So take me, use me, guide me, Lord, I want to do Your will
My life poured from a vessel that You can work on still
I’ll be Your loyal servant, Lord, a daughter and a friend
If I follow Your commandments until my life shall end.

©2010.. July W. Barratt.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

precious poem Wyn! Somehow you always succeed in touching that sensitive note...

wyn said...

Thanks Marja. I think it's because I cry a lot!

I'll make sure this isn't deleted by mistake.