Sunday, October 21, 2012

Are You Waiting?

  

Are You waiting in the garden Lord? I thought I heard You call?
Is it as beautiful as once it was before we had the fall?
I wondered if the weeds had died the day You rose again
For You made the world so beautiful I would love to come again.

If I come into Your garden will the flowers be in bloom?
Will the birds be singing joyfully? Might I hear them from my room?
I can see a little piece of sky with the tree tops standing tall
As they rustle do they whisper that our God is over all?

I will come into Your garden if You would call again
No matter if the sun shines or it is pouring down with rain
For I know that You will be there and that You will wait for me
Although I cannot be as quick as once I used to be.

I hope the time goes slowly and the sun will never set
For when we are together I forget all my regrets
The sun will shine forever and the sky is always blue
When we are both together, though all I see is You.

Wyn Barratt Oct 2012

2 comments:

Haddock said...

I hope the time goes slowly and the sun will never set..... a wish that everyone has on their lips.

Unknown said...

Amen to that!