Friday, October 26, 2012

Our Children.

  
My page may stand  empty, but Lord, my heart is full
I’ve pondered on Your kindness; I’ve wept about Your love
Wherever my gaze moves I see Your handiwork
Intricate creations surround me on this earth.

It was all for us, Your children, You saved Your best design
The beauty of our babies born to carry on the line
Their eyes like those of Angels with pure and steady gaze
Their hearts awake to knowledge that will influence their days.

But Lord, we should not hurt them; they should be raised in love
With lessons from the Word of God Who watches from above.   
Their purity and honour protected by us all
With extended family round them to help them if they fall.

Wyn Barratt. Oct 2012.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Parker said...

Amen Ms. Wyn! Beautiful!

wyn said...

Thank you Elizabeth. Our children are precious.