Saturday, March 30, 2013

Part Of Me.


 
Part of me wants to walk through the desert
Part of me wants to be at the sea
All of me wants to be in the stillness
And all of me be close to Thee.

Hiding, abiding are all that I’m heeding
But should I be placed in a crowd
How would I deal with the noise and the bustle?
Could I even whisper aloud?

Would You then wrap me up in Your Spirit
Help me be quiet and calm?
Safe in Your love and my right to be in it
Do You shield my spirit from harm?

My arms are held out as I feel Your assurance
Is there someone else I can hold too?
Whisper the names of those needing Your Spirit
May I help them climb up into You?

Lord, I want to walk through the desert
Yet I long to stay near the sea
Part of me wants to breathe in the stillness
But sharing the love You pour into me.

Wyn Barratt  March 2013.

No comments: