Thursday, January 16, 2014

Can I Tell You Straight?



Lord, please just laugh and hug me when I come to Your gate
I know I’ve been a nuisance, and didn’t like to wait
Maybe I am like Thomas and need to see You’re real
I talked to You incessantly though I couldn’t touch or feel.

I know that I have failed You in oh, so many ways
Yet You showed me such mercy and love for all my days
I often was discouraged when troubles piled up high
It was then You’d send a message that I was the apple of Your eye.

I saw my problems shrivel up and blow off in the breeze
While recognizing that the way was not a path of ease
And now that I can see the lights of heaven so far above
I whisper that I’m coming Lord, and send You all my love.

W.B ‘14

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Well Wyn, you're up and running with your poems in 2014! You have come a long way, I wish you a happy and healthy new year in which you may enjoy your writing! Blessings from your blogger friend in Holland.

Unknown said...

Hello, Marja,

Yes it seems in sickness and in health I have something to say, but it takes the Father to nudge me along!

GOD BLESS YOU MY DEAR FRIEND. HAVE A GREAT YEAR.