Sunday, July 5, 2015

Will I Ever Sing Again?

Will I ever sing again? Or do I wait till You come for me?
Will those happy grateful notes sound as clear as they used to be?
Please give the sounds that I once held so tenderly in my mind
To someone else who needs them who is crippled or maybe blind
Oh Lord I need to share the gift that I once had from You
No matter just how old they are, whether eighty or just two.
Give them the joy of loving You in songs that reach to Heaven
Or to mimic birds that sing for life for six years maybe seven.
The awful sound that my throat makes however hard I try
Is such a cold and bitter pill, no wonder I sometimes cry.
Could I press ‘delete’ or ‘back to base’ or ‘put the clock back Lord?
Or ‘what’s that surgeon thinking of? It’s worse now than before!
Well now I’ve got that off my chest I’ll walk out through the door
And thank You that my eyes still see as clearly as before.
I see the moon, the stars, the sun, the clouds scud through the sky
And send my prayers not for myself but for those who have no sight.

No comments: