Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In The Name Of The Father.

In the name of the Father I come to You, Lord
You opened the way up for me
On the cross at Calvary that black Easter day
You died there to set me free.

Now Heaven’s doors opened and I can come in
To be with You for ever and a day
What joy just to worship my Lord and my God
Jesus is the Truth and the Way.

And not just this only, my heart fills with joy
That I’ll meet all my loved ones again
With folk that I’ve heard of but have never seen
Yet I will know them and praise You with them.

In the name of the Father; in the name of the Son
And the Holy Ghost three in one
Almighty, victorious, yet gracious and kind
I await Your call now to come.

Wyn Barratt
April 2011.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

What a beautiful prayer Wyn, very touching! You've done it again!

wyn said...

Thank you Marja.
So little time, so much to say. That's how I feel lately.