Thursday, August 20, 2009

Walking Through Life

Will you walk with me, beloved, through the springtime of our life
While our love is young and everything is green?
Will you hold my hand and vow with me that there will be no strife
While we look around at this glorious scene?.

Will you walk with me, beloved, through the summer of our life
When new hopes and plans for prosperity lie ahead
Our quiver full, as parents proud, of children fit and free
While we teach them where to look for Daily Bread.

Will you walk with me, beloved, through the autumn of our life
Now the children all have flown out from the nest
Our hopes and plans are all forgotten, and we are slowing down
Will you walk beside me even then?

Will you walk with me, beloved, through the winter of our life
When walking may be difficult at best
Just take my hand and we will walk down memory’s lane instead
And watch our grandchildren play as we just rest.

If you should go to Glory first please look on me sometimes
I’ll be the one that’s walking home alone you see
But don’t be sad for me because I’ll be coming to Glory soon
And I’ll be the young and pretty wife I used to be.

©2009.Wyn Barratt

2 comments:

Maz said...

Oh Wyn that's beautiful!

maz x

wyn said...

Thank you Maz.
Blessings,
Wyn.