Monday, December 14, 2009

I’m Done.

I’m done with self-pity and I’m going to sing
If You could hang upon the cross why am I complaining?
My road is no harder than the one You chose to take
I can wait till I reach heaven and then I’ll get a break.

So here’s to my servant hood and the trials that You send
You’ll ride the waves with me until my troubles end
There’s a light down the tunnel, I don’t care if it’s a train
For whatever You are sending I’ll have everything to gain.

So I’m singing of Your love for me and of my love for You
You only have been faithful. You’re the only One that’s true
You said You’ll never leave me and I believe that it is so
And You said You’ll be beside me wherever I may go.

So let’s go, Lord, I’m ready, and waiting Your next move
Together we will journey home, we’ve nothing left to prove
Heaven’s glory lies ahead, our Father’s waiting there
Be seated on Your Heavenly Throne and I will worship there.



©2009 Wyn Barratt.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Dear Wyn, I can tell you're having a hard time... what a blessing to be able to write about your feelings to the Lord, it's like sending Him letters! And yes, He will always pull you trhough!
Blessings, peace, joy and love to you, my friend.

wyn said...

Yes, Marja, Jeff Gorick once told me I wear my heart on my sleeve. He was right.
I tell God every little thing and then I have to tell everyone else too, though not intentionally really. If I evrey publish my poems I had better call the book, 'Love letters to my Master'
Blessings and love to you, My dearest friend.