Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Will There Be Time?

I feel I’m almost Home, Lord
I’m tired yet I can’t sleep
So many thoughts are haunting me
So many emotions, deep.

Will there be time to tell someone
I loved them unto death?
Time to ask friends and family
To choose You with my last breath?

I may have no tomorrow, yet
There may be many days
To live here on this earth Lord
Still time to learn Your ways.

But yet I think it wiser
To treat each day as my last
So I won’t put off a moment
Some small important task.

So though I’m almost Home, Lord
I need a little time
To show folk that You love them
And You’re a Friend of mine.

Wyn Barratt
Dec 2011.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Hhmmm, good thoughts to ponder Wyn, whether we are 50 or 80 years old.

Unknown said...

I find the 'if only's' increase with age!