Monday, February 13, 2012

I Remember

I remember how You hid me in a corner of Your heart
How I felt Your arms around me when my heart was split apart
I remember that sweet night when You rocked me back to sleep
After old and bitter memories swamped my thoughts; no hope to keep.

I remember all the mercy that You in loving-kindness showed
When with all my faults and failings I had wandered from the road
I remember too the words of love I found inside Your Word
When in times of dark depression, I despaired, in this hard world.

I never will forget the times too numerous to list
That You, Dear Lord and Saviour, touched my soul and stooped to lift
My knees felt bruised and battered from falling at Your feet
And when You raised me once again I knew our eyes could meet.

I always will remember just how much You mean to me
How You took the road to Calvary, and the day You set me free
I’ll remember till my dying day Your precious healing blood
That marks my steps to Heaven even though I’m not so good.

I’ll remember all Your Mercy and Your Faithfulness to me
Though I’ll never understand why You should give Your life for me
But for what it’s worth dear Saviour I know we’ll never part
For I remember You have hidden me in a corner of Your heart.


Wyn Barratt Feb 2012.

6 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

What a beautiful song of remembrance Wyn!

Pam Williams said...

Beautiful, Wyn! A lovely reminder of God's love on this day of celebrating love.
Have a blessed Valentine's Day!
Pam

Unknown said...

THank you Marja.
I love knowing that He hides me. Isn't it wonderful to be safe and loved by the God of Heaven?

Unknown said...

Pam, it is all about love isn't it?
We love Him because He first loved us! Sounds like another poem?

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Wyn, are you alright? Just checking because you haven't posted for a week or so. Hope all is well!!

Unknown said...

I have a mile of excuses for not being on the comp much!
Thunderstorms/heat/humidity/brain fag etc etc!!
Thank you for the nudge to write again! Love you my dear friend.!