Saturday, February 4, 2012

Is Anyone There?


Are you bowing your head in a moment of prayer?
Sometimes do you wonder if anyone’s there?
The tears sting your eyes with the pain that you feel
Yes, God is there; He is close, and He’s real.

So hold on my friend, and feel all the warmth
That flows down from God as you enter the storm
The Saviour Who poured out His life for your soul
Is standing beside you, let your faith make you whole.

Hold on, hold tightly your Lord’s at your side
He’ll never leave you and there’s more beside
His blood is the balm that will soothe all your wounds
He loves you forever and He’s returning real soon.

Some days are easy and we sail along
Some days are so hard; where do we belong?
We belong at the feet of our Saviour and friend
He belongs to the Father whose reign has no end.

Wyn Barratt
Feb 2012

2 comments:

Pam Williams said...

Hi Wyn,
I have a friend going through a tough battle right now and your poem is just what she needs. I know it will touch her heart. Thanks for posting!
Many blessings!
Pam

Unknown said...

I am so blessed when I hear that someone needed the words the Holy Spirit sends me. othing is wasted in God's world. He is wonderful!