Saturday, July 7, 2012

If I Could Close My Eyes



If I could close my eyes and feel You right beside me
If I opened up my heart to let You in
If I never took a step without You told me
If I knew I had no unforgiven sin

Then I would know that I am Yours and Yours for ever
For I know You died to save me and take me in
To Your heart, Your Home, Your family up in Heaven
Where there is love that’s pure and holy, free from sin.

If I could reach the folk that are both lost and lonely
And spread the Word as You have asked us to
If I could hold out arms of love with such compassion
Just the way You did for me to come to You.

Then I would know that I could be Your faithful servant
And fight the fight against evil’s cruel reign
For the day is coming sooner than we realise
When Our Saviour will come to earth once again.

So I will close my eyes and feel You right beside me
Since I opened up my heart to let You in
I will never take a step without You tell me
Lord, please forgive any unforgiven sin.

Wyn Barratt July 2012

2 comments:

Pam Williams said...

So beautifully written, Wyn. I too yearn for that closeness, that holiness. Many blessings!

Unknown said...

i seem to have lost my reply, but thank you Pam.