Monday, July 23, 2012

Set Me Free.


Set free the thoughts my hungry heart would speak of
Release the words that cling to silent lips
Let not regrets now pave my way to Heaven
Doing what I shouldn’t and letting good deeds slip.

Free as a bird is what I seek in my life
Choices made by God; mistakes never made
Earnestly my prayers fly up, did they reach You?
Too soon my life is over; will You weep at my grave?

Will the gates of Heaven be opened when I leave this earth?
Will You say ‘Well done my child’ when I arrive?
I did so want to be a profitable servant
I’m at Your disposal while I am alive.

Please set free the thoughts my hungry heart would speak on
Release the words that cling to silent lips
You will set my spirit free to be all You’d have me be
Hold my hand, don’t let me fall or slip.

Wyn Barratt July 2012.

2 comments:

Pam Williams said...

Beautiful, Wyn. As always your poetry reveals your heart in lovely language for us to share. Thank you.

Unknown said...

THank you Pam. The Lord is my beloved. I
love how He holds me in my loneliness.