Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How Long Will It Take?


  
How long will it take to change me?
Lord, why do I let You down?
I just want to show I love You
Not seeking a victor’s crown.
I’d like to be quiet and obedient
And yet I holler and fret
While You stand there beside me
Do You ask, “Are you finished, yet?”

My questions keep on increasing
My failures are doing that too
Yet I want to show that I love You
What am I doing to you?
Friends, I cannot give an answer
To the questions that bother me so
For though I’ve had years of practice
I still have a long way to go.

I hope that you love my Saviour
And don’t holler and fuss like me
Then your lessons in life will be shortened
If you realise God set you free
From questions that have no answers
Like the why, oh why is this so?
If you cut to the chase and show your faith
You won’t have a long way to go.


Wyn Barratt  Sept 2012.

No comments: