Friday, December 20, 2013

Blessings.



Have you ever stood in silence, closed your eyes and begun to think
Of the blessings God has given, filling your cup up to the brink?
Beginning with a new day dawning, a fresh white page to start anew
The bed you’ve slept in, safe warm housing, food to eat, and loving, too.

Being loved another blessing, all too few can call this theirs
Until they know the Gentle Shepherd who loved the world; His life not spared
I know that life is not all blessing and trials come in spite of this
But they drive us to the arms of Jesus Who is slow to judge and quick to bless.

I could keep on like this for ever! Meet my Jesus! Love Him too!
I long to see you all in Glory. Is there something else that I could do?
Pray, of course to My dear Shepherd, His prayers for you will never cease
And until the day of His returning, may you know His Love and Peace.

W.B.

No comments: