Wednesday, November 17, 2010

If I Didn’t Know.



If I didn’t know You loved me
If I didn’t know You cared
I would sit out on the porch here
And wish I were a bird.

I know Your eye is on the Sparrow
They are small and homely things
You care for all creation
And not just those with wings.

But I wish I were a bird Lord
To take off to the sky
I’d fly up nearer heaven
So You could keep an eye

On everything I’m doing
And help me in good time
When things are going well, Lord
Or I’m neck deep in some slime.

For I get into trouble
Much more than little birds
I’d like Your urgent rescue
Before I’m even hurt.

You hear my desperate whisper
“O God, please help me now”
And You will send the answer
And it’s just in time somehow.

For You are kind and patient
And I’m not perfect yet
But I will still keep trying
From morn till sun is set.


Wyn Barratt.
Nov 2010

No comments: