Thursday, May 26, 2011

God Is Real.




Lord, it’s good to know that I’m with You
And You are here with me
I’m sitting on a wooden bench
Just gazing out to sea.
I’m proud to say I’ve climbed the hill
Named after Mutton birds
They live and nest here at their will
Though I haven’t seen one bird.

The sun is shining through the clouds
But I don’t think it will rain
If that should happen I’ll have to race
Across this hill again.
I can take a spot of rain
Or a downpour or two
It would be fun to try and find
Somewhere to dry off too.

The sea’s not rough, but the waves can roar
As they pound on the rocks below
It reminds me of Your protection
When my storms begin to blow.
The Peace You leave within my heart
I’ll carry all the day
My troubles are only noise and froth
Just like these waves, today.

I gaze on the horizon
It looks so quiet and still
If that’s the view You have, my Lord
Then why aren’t I quiet and still?
My life is in Your gentle care
No turmoil I should feel
Just resting in my Father’s love
What joy to know You’re real.

Wyn Barratt
May 2011.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Yes, sitting on a wooden bench and just being still... that sounds like heaven to me!
Thank you for your words, your ponderings, your thinking Wyn... I always appreciate your thoughts. They are real and down to earth, yet very beautiful.
Have a blessed day my friend, love from Holland sent your way:)

wyn said...

Thanks Marja,
Everytime I walk up this very steep but small hill I am so blessed and comforted. I love to be outdoors although my walking is a struggle these days but with the aid of my third leg (cane) I do quite well!