Friday, July 15, 2011

I Heard The Music Of Heaven.


A new baby is born
Eyes still closed, no clothing worn
But a cry rends the air around the bed
My eyes are filled with tears
Is he already sensing fear?
Or have I just heard the music of Heaven?

Morning dawned in pouring rain
Bad weather here once again
I must drive carefully to avoid a prang
As I climbed into my car
I could see the morning star
I heard the music of Heaven; an angel sang.

Children coming home from school
Running; breaking all the rules
Tossed their books and their boots on my clean floor
Then straight to the fridge; grabbed the milk
And spilled their drink
I heard the music of Heaven once more.

God is everywhere we are
In the humdrum; on a star
If we listen we’ll hear the Angels sing
So no matter where you go
He is with you all ,you know
You’ll hear the music of Heaven ring.

Wyn Barratt.
July 2011.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Music of heaven... lovely Wyn! Have a blessed day, enjoy. Can't wait for your poetry book to come out.

wyn said...

Thanks Marja,
I'm getting a bit excited myself now!!