Sunday, December 9, 2012

Out Of The Frying Pan.


Out of the frying pan into the fire
That seems to be in my attempts to climb higher
I ask You to lead me then I open a door
With a bright shiny handle as I’m looking for more.

I don’t want to sit outside a door that is closed
See others living life in the way they’re disposed
Can I ask You to lead me and wait outside that door
Tomorrow may show that the door is no more.

Lord I’m grateful to know that You’ve brought me this far
I’ve followed Your leading then I’ve jumped the bar
This leapfrogging life does not glorify You
So I’m here to ask what You’d have me to do?

I know I need patience when things take too long
If I don’t see progress I assume I’ve done wrong
And then spin around to retrace all my steps
I wish that my life was one of sweet rest.

You don’t need to tell me I see clearly now
I am not in charge but my hands on the plough
I come running to You when I get in a mess
I’ll let You have Your way now I know that is best.

Wyn Barratt  Dec 2012.

1 comment:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

A leapfrogging life... haha. You have a way of describing it Wyn.