Saturday, December 1, 2012

Whisper To Me.


  
I am kneeling in the shadows near the garden of Your heart
I am longing for the warmth I feel when You show me where You are
My heart’s fluttering like a startled dove at the very thought of You
And dear precious Lord, my Saviour, please show me what to do.

You see I have a feeling that all is not what it should be
I don’t know if I’ve hurt You or there’s a sin I cannot see
But something now is missing, not just my heart that’s missed a beat
So I’m here Lord and I’m waiting and I’m kneeling at Your feet.

I know I have a habit of not telling all to You
I know You know that I know every little thing I do
But if I’ve missed Your still small voice or kept You out of things
Then I’m sorry, really sorry, Lord, may I know You’re listening?

I’ve asked a precious friend sometimes if ‘we’ are both O.K?
And I’d like to ask the same of You though it’s a weird thing to say
I know You hear and love me and You’ve forgiven me before
But I need Your reassurance while I kneel to pray some more.

So I’m kneeling in the shadows near the garden of Your heart
I am longing for the warmth I feel when You show me where You are
Would You please sit beside me; hold my hand as You used to do
While You whisper to my trembling heart, “Child, I’ve forgiven you”.

Wyn Barratt Dec 2012.

No comments: