Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I'm So Glad I Asked



 I’m so glad I asked You to undertake
You know I get muddled and the mistakes that I make
I just want Your perfect will for my life
Or I get into trouble, yes, trouble and strife.

I opened my heart so You know my desires
But they’re not set in stone and the enemy conspires
I’ll leave it to You, Lord, to lead me aright
I can only be happy if You’re King of my life.

So I set down before You the steps that I took
My intention was just to sit beside a clear brook
To daydream and write of the Saviour I love
To share with some others about our home above.

But the things that I touched have just crumbled away
My dreams are all shattered and hope’s died with the day
So now I surrender and ask You dear Lord
Please take my hand; guide me; I need You on board.

Not as a sailor or even first mate
I need You as Captain for You are first rate
I told You my dreams but my life story’s Yours
You’ll write the ending if I follow Your course.

Wyn Barratt  May 2013.



No comments: