Sunday, May 12, 2013

Keep My Vision Clear.



Dear Father, keep my vision clear
Let my will never interfere
With anything that You would do
Or any sight I think is You

Pointing the way that I should go.
Please give me clearly ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
My wits are dull my thoughts confused
Don’t let the enemy take and use

The things that only You have given
The gifts that point my way to Heaven
I am Your child and would remain
Placid, obedient, not giving pain.

A gentle servant, full of love
For those You groom for life above
With peaceful, non-judgmental care
For those in pain and lying there.

This poem, you see, still has no end
Like my future Lord, on You depends.
No more I see, but only You
You alone show me what to do

So here I am; my pen; my day
Is Yours in secret or in open way
My future known to only You
My past beneath the Blood, that’s true

What I’m to be is almost passed
But I am Yours; that’s what will last.
So Father keep my vision clear
Let my will never interfere.

Wyn Barratt  May 2013.

No comments: