Friday, October 10, 2014

Dearest Shepherd.



Dearest Shepherd I can never tell
How often Your care has told me all is well
When fear and failings drag me to the edge
You will love me for ever; oh how I need that pledge.

Now I don’t get judgement and justice is for all
You hold Your arms out and catch me when I fall
Mercy Your promise; judgement washed in blood
Why should I struggle? I wouldn’t if I could.

Each night I sleep now resting in Your arms
Mornings blessed with sunshine nothing can harm
Where should I be now but walking at Your side?
No condemnation when You are my guide.

Judgment comes from others at satan’s beck and call
I have been forgiven and Jesus is my all
I’ll never be perfect in the worlds narrow sight
But my Saviour accepts me and makes my future bright.

W.B.Oct ‘14

2 comments:

Elizabeth Parker said...

Amen, thank You Jesus!

You are so loved!

Unknown said...

Thank you dear one. that love is returned .