Monday, July 20, 2009

Thank You, Lord

Thank You for a new day, thank You for Your love
Thank You for sending Jesus from His glorious home above
Thank You for Salvation and the cleansing precious Blood
Thank You Lord, for finding me when I was hiding from Your love.

Words are never good enough to tell of Your majesty
Your beauty and Your mercy, Your forgiveness, full and free
No spoken word or language could express how I feel
Though angel hosts in heaven can Your glory reveal.

But one day when You call me home my gratitude I’ll tell
In the language of heaven ,as I’ll learn to know it well.
But while I’m here down on the earth my heart will have to do
I know the Holy Spirit will pass it on to You.

He speaks to You with groanings that I cannot pen with words
Telling how I love You, Lord, in this, Your other world.
For all creation worships the Creator of all things
From creatures underneath the sea to those You made with wings.

The stones cry out in worship, nothing could silence them
So why do we stay silent? Is Your death forgotten then?
I call on all who claim to be the children of the King
Fall on your knees and worship our glorious King of Kings.

W.B. July 2009.

No comments: