Friday, June 17, 2011

I Sensed That You Smiled.

I sensed that You smiled when I offered a kind word
To someone whom I had thought an enemy
I was blessed with their smile and a touch of gratitude
Now there’s a platform for a soul to reach me.

A kind word is a stepping stone that runs on a smile
The fuel is as free as it can be
We don’t know the sorrows and problems people bear
Too much time is spent with “What about me?”.

Lord, You think about us even when we flap and fuss
And we knock your Peace to pieces once again
We need a moment of quiet to still the awful riot
That takes over when the enemy takes the reins.

So let’s slow down or we’ll never win that crown
That is granted to the overcoming soul
God has offered His Peace and His power will never cease
Jesus died to make us free and make us whole.

Wyn Barratt
June 2011

No comments: