Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Ocean.




I’m an old lady of the ocean or so it seems to me
I cannot swim, or sail a boat, but the ocean’s inside me
No one tried to drown me though some may wish they could
But if I can’t see the ocean I’d turn into driftwood.

I don’t know why the ocean should mean so much to me
But I know that when I die I want the sea beside me
The pounding waves, the stiff sea breeze are heaven to me, you know
And if Jesus should tarry, that’s where I’d like to go.

God’s Creation is astounding; He made both great and small
But for me it is the ocean: I sense His power over all
I could stand and gaze for ever on its beauty; I’m in awe
Of God, my Creator, as the waves roll evermore.

Wyn Barratt.
June 2011.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful poem Wyn, love it... going to share on facebook....Just love sharing your writing.... Love, smiles, prayers and hugs...

wyn said...

Thanks Cleda. You are so energetic with your vaious sites and popping around everyone of them.
Makes me feel old!LOL!!
Blessings and love to you my friend,
Wyn