Saturday, January 26, 2013

Incomprehensible.


It’s incomprehensible that You should love me, Lord
My claims are indefensible, that I don’t understand Your Word
In total simplicity I confess all my sin
No longer in complicity with satan as I’ve been.

For satan is a liar and the biggest in the world
He is also a denier of the Power Your love unfurled
The Word of God will stand forever and that, friend, is no lie
The Son of God came down from Heaven knowing He would die.

He did it for you and He did it for me;
Just open up His Word and soon you will see
It’s incomprehensible that we should turn Him down
Attitude indefensible if we ignore a victor’s crown.

Wyn Barratt Jan 2013.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

incomprehensible... not the easiest word for me, to pronounce. But yes, it's true, His love is beyond what i can understand. Thank you Wyn!

Unknown said...

My response fell down another black hole!
God bless you Marja.