Monday, January 14, 2013

Some Days.

  
Some days I’m in Your workroom and You look around the door
To see if I have finished what we talked about before.
At other times I feel alone and empty of everything
That should be said, or thought, or sung, and some leading to begin.

That’s when I need to be quite still and ponder on Your love
And send up ‘thankyou’s’ from my heart that You can hear above
For I could never ever tell in this my earthly tongue
The gratitude that swells my heart that to You, Lord, I belong.

The days seem long, but life is short, of that I am convinced
And that’s why in my messages You’ll find my words aren’t minced
For none of us can ever know just what tomorrow costs
And Lord, I want to be assured that no one will be lost.

Wyn Barratt. Jan 2013.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

And there you are... pondering.. on His great love for us! Thank you Wyn! You have written more than anyone I know :)

Unknown said...

Marja, every day is different and some days my head is bursting with the words that come tumbling out and I can't write fast enough in case they fly away. I think God is making up for lost time and I too sense the urgency. There is such a sadness in things left unsaid.
'If only' are the two sadest words.