Saturday, January 26, 2013

MISSING- Believed Hungry.


If you see a boy in a red top wandering through the town
Send him home. Please send him home
He may be sitting on the kerbside or walking up and down
Send him home. Please send him home.
We had a silly argument and he grabbed his phone and left
Yes he left home. He has left home
He took no food or cash in hand no bag was packed; he left
And I’m bereft. Yes I’m bereft.

If you see him say I’m sorry and I’ve put his dinner out
Then send him home. Please send him home.
His little dog is pining and he has a hot dry snout
Make him come home. He must come home.
So you can see that this is serious he has never left before
Make him come home. He must come home.
And I am standing in the hallway behind an open door.
Oh please would you take pity and send him home.

Wyn Barratt Jan 2013.

* I know this is a superficial story, M, and  your life is much more complicated, but go home, back to your roots. The first step is always the hardest.

No comments: