Friday, December 23, 2011

I See You Lord.



I see You Lord on that mountainside
A mere shadow in dim morning light
Your head is bowed, You seem unaware
That I have come and am standing there.

I watch some distance from Your side
Too soon You are to be crucified
Your Father’s strength and comfort sought
You will obey all You were taught.

“If it is possible?” Did I hear
That whisper in Your Father’s ear?
You knew the answer and would obey
What did Your Father, God, then say?

No one but You will ever know
The Words God used to say, “You must go”.
Ungrateful man, guilt still unknown
Has brought You from Your Heavenly Home.

Then even after, in the grave
They did not care that You came to save.
My Lord, my God, You were lifted up
On that awful Cross where You drank the cup.

Now as I stand in cloistered shade
I vow to obey what You have said
‘That all men will be drawn to You
If we lift You up’ as You told us to.


Wyn Barratt
Dec 2011.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

I am not much of a singer or poet, like you Wyn. But I like to receive a new song for Him!

Unknown said...

There is always more to be told when we write of our Lord, isn't there?
Blessings, Marja.
I am not on the comp much these days. I am taking a long time to pick up after illness over Christmas and New Year.