Monday, August 8, 2011

The Restless Sea.


Oh how I love the restless sea
It reminds me of Your love for me
Those surging waves like Your strong arms
Flow over me; keep me from harm.

The bobbing waves far out to sea
Remind me that You searched for me
I knew all along if I should fall
Those waves would lift me over all.

Though trials and troubles I might face
I’m in Your heart through all Your Grace
No matter where I find myself
Your tide of love will be my help.

You are not silent, cold, or still
Your will is done through all life’s ill
I feel Your strength on every wave
Your endless love; Your power to save

It carries me from east to west
While I am resting on Your breast
When I have doubts I’m in Your will
You tell the ocean ‘Peace; be still’.

Then quiet waters whisper ‘Peace’
The restless waves their motions cease
You simply sweep me off my feet
In You I know my life’s complete.


Wyn Barratt.

Aug 2011.

2 comments:

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Beautiful Wyn, one of my favorites already!!! Is it in your book?

wyn said...

No, Sorry, Marja, it's not.
I only just wrote it!