Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Humanity.

Oh God, take away the pain of my humanity
Remove from me my propensity to sin
Raise me from the depths of my depression
Have mercy on the state that I am in.

You only can place within me Holy Fire
You only can burn out the dross within
Dear Saviour hear my pleas and my desire
Without Your blood how will my life begin?

My trust in You will replace my fears and distrust
Of everything that’s good You brought to me
Holy Spirit send Your cleansing fire
Right now oh God, please set me free.

I have no need to stand and shiver
On the brink of every shiny brand new day
In fear of what might happen if I weaken
When because of impulse I throw my victory away.

Your victory is there to give me power
To fight my demons and to always win
Your resurrection power is mine this very hour
I’m free to fly with You, so let’s begin.


W.B. May 2009.

No comments: