Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Do You Think Of That Day?


Do you think of that day when the God of the world
Gave up His Son for the sins of that world?
Think of all the evil down through the years
Thought, and committed, at Christ was then hurled.

He died as a sinner, His body was cursed
His Father disowned Him and what is even worse
We ‘Christians’ keep sinning, and our Lord deny
When He says, “Do you love Me?” we do not reply.

Do we love self and sin even though Jesus died?
Do we love our own opinions of what we deem right?
Do we give Him just a part of what He has bought?
Only a little, and then after much thought?

Remember the darkness that fell on the earth?
God shielded those watching from the sight of sin’s work
A precious Son, a Leader, a Guide and a Friend
Now in a body where sin and beatings blend.

Yes, that is what Jesus did for me and you
What do you offer in return? Is it ALL of you?

©2011 Wyn Barratt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh...beautiful. I think of the day, I think of a grace and a love that my human mind cannot fully grasp. Ah, but our spirit, our spirit knows. Thank goodness for the revelation of such love. I wonder how anyone could live without such revelation.

Thank you for stopping by, Wyn. Good to meet another simple woman. Have you read "Gift from the Sea" by Anne Morrow Lindbergh? A treasure for us lovers of simplicity.

Keep writing and pouring out His love. Remember, the gift is not writing but hearing His voice.

wyn said...

You are so right, my friend.
My daily prayer is that I will hear His voice loud and clear.
I will look for that book, Thank you.