Friday, September 2, 2011

Until I Met You.



Until I met You Lord I thought I was whole
I never realised that I had a soul
I knew nothing of hunger for Your righteousness
Of guilt for my sins; or hope of redress.

Until I met You Lord I thought I knew all
Of the joys and excitement that made my life whole
My hope was bound up with what I’d do next
I grew happy then sad, was calm and then vexed.

But then I met You Lord and what did I see
I saw Your sad eyes looking right into me
I looked at myself with my sin and my pain
I turned back to You as I realised my gain.

I lost all my guilt and I gained a new life
Eternity mine; help, in sorrow and strife
But most important of all a Saviour is mine
My future is Yours I don’t need one of mine

For You are my life Lord and You are my hope
Your hand is for holding when I’m at the end of my rope
You are leading me through the pathways to Home
You are my future, Lord; You are my Home.


Wyn Barratt
Sept 2011.

No comments: